Film Language
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eight (8) elements of film

+8
ekkoekko
cerozero
prljwlldnr
kashiro925
jheraldnotarte
vonpusing21
judedominguiano
SisonJustin
12 posters
Go down
SisonJustin

Eight (8) elements of film Empty Eight (8) elements of film

Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:54 am
1. Character
If there is one element of good stories that is common through all ages and narrative forms, and if there is one unbroken rule of successful storytelling, it is this - creating compelling characters whose story the world would want to listen.

2. Plot
A story is always a journey that its characters take. Whether it is a self-reflective, internal monologue of a novel, or an adventure ride of a movie - the characters, especially the protagonist(s), undertake an emotional or physical journey that causes some change in them by the end.

3. Conflict
The bread and butter of drama. The more you can involve the audience into the conflicted situations of your characters, the more problems you can create for your protagonists and make them overcome those one by one, the more successful your storytelling will be.

4. Resolution
A climactic resolution to the already thickening plot, a final confrontation of the protagonist with the antagonistic forces, a final Plot Point, that is emotionally, dramatically, and visually the high point of the film is very important to complete your movie experience.

5. Structure
A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end, but not necessarily in that order.
6. Scenes
A scene is the building block of a screenplay, its most basic unit that has its own independent, whole existence. Technically speaking, everything happening at one place at one time in the film is a scene

7. Dialogue
Each line spoken in a film may serve several functions - from entertaining and seducing the audience to making them empathize with even the coldest of characters, and dialogue, as well as conscious and economical lack of it, forms a major part of our movie-viewing pleasure.
8. Visuals

It is important to mention 'visuals' as one of the narrative elements of cinema, although its depiction mainly depends on how the film is shot, because a film writer has to understand the visual potential of this medium.
judedominguiano
guru

Eight (8) elements of film Empty Re: Eight (8) elements of film

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:31 pm
can a film have no antagonist? how do you think the viewers would feel?
vonpusing21
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:38 pm
judedominguiano wrote:can a film have no antagonist? how do you think the viewers would feel?
i think so, Very Happy Very Happy there are films that no protagonist and antagonist at all. and it is called documentary film
vonpusing21
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:39 pm
what are the important cinematic techniques ?
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://sisonjustin.forumotion.com

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:41 pm
vonpusing21 wrote:
judedominguiano wrote:can a film have no antagonist? how do you think the viewers would feel?
i think so, Very Happy Very Happy  there are films that no protagonist and antagonist at all. and it is called documentary film

frankly , you are correct , HAHAHAHAHA there are films that doesn't have any leading roles at all. but the director wants to educate viewers
jheraldnotarte
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:27 pm
vonpusing21 wrote:what are the important cinematic techniques ?
editing can be considered as an important cinematic Technique
jheraldnotarte
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:29 pm
is there any difference between formal elements of film and the 8 elements of film ?
vonpusing21
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:37 pm
jheraldnotarte wrote:is there any difference between formal elements of film and the 8 elements of film ?
I think that the eight elements of film are the basic elements while the formal elements are the advance elements that film maker uses
vonpusing21
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:39 pm
Admin wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:
i think so, Very Happy Very Happy  there are films that no protagonist and antagonist at all. and it is called documentary film

frankly , you are correct , HAHAHAHAHA there are films that doesn't have any leading roles at all. but the director wants to educate viewers

HAHAHAHA , because I always watch documentary films, I find it educating
kashiro925
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:40 pm
what do you think is the most important element of film?
vonpusing21
guru

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:43 pm
kashiro925 wrote:what do you think is the most important element of film?
I think it is the scene that it the most important , because without a scene the other elements cannot stand .
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:29 am
vonpusing21 wrote:
I think it is the scene that it the most important , because without a scene the other elements cannot stand .
all of the elements are important because all of them can stand alone , they need the other elements in order for them to work in the film
prljwlldnr
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:45 am
Admin wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:
all of the elements are important because all of them can stand alone , they need the other elements in order for them to work in the film

For me the most important element of film is the plot.
judedominguiano
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:47 am
Admin wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:

What's the difference of a film and a movie?
judedominguiano
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:48 am
prljwlldnr wrote:
Admin wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:

Structure it is!
prljwlldnr
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:51 am
judedominguiano wrote:
prljwlldnr wrote:
Admin wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:

Structure it is!
Yes it is!
prljwlldnr
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:53 am
Can we create a nice film without the element dialogue?
prljwlldnr
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:57 am
judedominguiano wrote:
Admin wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:

Movie is the another term for film.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:00 am
judedominguiano wrote:
Admin wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:

A Movie can last for more than an hour while a film can last as early as a minute. Its for my onw opinion LOL silent silent
kashiro925
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:30 am
Admin wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:

ohh the scene. thanks for this thoughts.
kashiro925
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:35 am
why do we need to consider the resolution? is it important?
cerozero
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:39 am
kashiro925 wrote:why do we need to consider the resolution? is it important?
resolution is important because it is where the problem is solved.
kashiro925
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:45 am
cerozero wrote:
kashiro925 wrote:why do we need to consider the resolution? is it important?
resolution is important because it is where the problem is solved.
Ahh, dito natin nalalaman yung mga twist? astig HAHA
kashiro925
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:46 am
Admin wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:

i think its boring if there is no antagonist pero pwede nga yun, wala lang share ko lang HAHA
ekkoekko
ekkoekko
guru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:48 am
kashiro925 wrote:
Admin wrote:
vonpusing21 wrote:

i think its boring if there is no antagonist pero pwede nga yun, wala lang share ko lang HAHA

I agree with that.
Sponsored content